The written word is a powerful sentiment. It is easy to forgot how to thoughtfully express ourselves with our brief SMS messages and emoji expressions. This year, Commonthread is dedicated to bringing you special DIY projects and ideas to keep you mindful and inspire you to create meaningful thoughtful gifts for those special people in your life. Whether your Valentine this year is your husband or your best friend, hand stitch them a powerful message of love and gratitude for all the joy they bring to your life. It is our pleasure to offer your our first DIY Valentine's Day project giveaway below. Share your beautiful written words by tagging @CommonthreadUSA on Instagram #ModernMakers. Finished measurements: approximately 7"
- Round embroidery hoop 7
- Charles Craft evenweave fabric 8 x 8
- DMC embroidery scissors
- Fabric Sheers
- DMC embroidery needle size 3
- Embroidery transfer pen
- DMC Pearl Cotton n. 5 color 3021
- DMC Pearl Cotton n. 5 color 844
- DMC Pearl Cotton n. 5 color 3347
- DMC Pearl Cotton n. 5 color 3051
- DMC Pearl Cotton n. 5 color 832
- DMC Pearl Cotton n. 5 color 744
- DMC Pearl Cotton n. 5 color 921
- DMC Pearl Cotton n. 5 color 3350
- DMC Pearl Cotton n. 5 color 3687
- DMC Pearl Cotton n. 5 color 3042
Transfer the design to the fabric (remember to iron your fabric first).
Place the fabric into the hoop. With 1 strand of DMC Pearl Cotton thread, embroider the love letter design following the pattern.
Make sure your fabric is nice and taut. Trim the fabric down to about 1/4 to 1/2 inch from the hoop. While you are cutting just press the fabric down over the Edge of the hoop. Glue the edges of the fabric onto the back of the hoop. Now your hoop is ready to be displayed. Gift to your special someone! Love and Gratitude, The Commonthread Team