Make your own twisted hoop earrings in under 20 minutes. How do you craft up this fun project? With DMC's Memory Thread, soft fiber wrapped copper wire available in beautiful vibrant colors and metallics. Get the project below.
- Memory thread color 6310 and 6390
- Silver Tone Memory Beading Wire
- 2 Ear Wire Hook
- Small pliers jewelry
- Silver Plated Crimp Beads
1 earring (make 2) - To make the earrings you will need to make 3 different circles with the silver memory beading wire. The biggest one of 2 , the medium and 1.5 and the smaller 1 . To help adjust the circle in the regular shape you may use an object of the same dimension to adjust it (this is optional). Leave a longest tail when you cut the wire with the pliers.
- With both colors of the memory thread wind around the silver thread. Make sure the colors of the memory thread are alternate. When the circle is totally done leave a tail of the memory thread and cut it.
- Do the same with the other 2 circles.
- Add the ear hook to the medium circle and adjust and close it with a plated crimp bead. Cover the silver wire winding around the tails of the memory thread. Cut the memory thread carefully.
- Close the small circle inside the medium circle with a plated crimp bead with the help of the flat part of the plier. Cover the silver wire winding around the tail of the memory thread. Cut the memory thread carefully.
- Do the same with the biggest circle closing it inside the medium circle. Cut the memory thread carefully.
That's all it takes! Enjoy your new accessories. Viva la Handmade Revolution! Love, the Commonthread Team