Pearl Cotton Size 12: Available by Individual Ball
Now that Pearl Cotton Size 12 is available online and by the ball, we thought we d bring you this on-trend fashionable pouch. Sweet and modern, this beauty would make a great holiday gift for that friend with the enviable wardrobe. Happy Pearl Cotton-ing! The pattern is available for download below.
Pearl Cotton Size 12 Pouch Instructions
Skill Level: Intermediate Finished measurements: approx: 22 cm x 15 cm Supplies:
- Fabric 1 (outer fabric, linen): 30x55 cm
- Fabric 2 (linining fabric, blue): 30x55 cm
- Fabric 3 (batting fabric): 30x55cm (this is optional)
- Embroidery scissors
- Embroidery hoop
- Sewing thread
- DMC embroidery needle size 5
- DMC Pearl Cotton 116 size 12 in the following colors:
- color 794
- color 316
- color 524
- color 742
- color B5200
- Embroidery transfer pen
- Ribbon 30 cm
STEP 1 Cut fabric 1 and fabric 2 with the following measurements.
- Transfer the design to fabric 1 (23x14 cm) and with 1 strand of DMC Pearl Cotton size 12 embroider the design following the instructions on the pattern.
- Make the interlaced hemstitch (drawn thread embroidery).
- Cut your ribbon in half.
- Place right sides together (23x14 cm pieces) and sew along edges with seam allowance, leaving top open to turn right side out.
- Don t forget to place the ribbon between the outer pieces.
- Place right sides together (24x17 cm pieces) and sew along edges with seam allowance, leaving top open to turn right side out.
- Don t forget to place the ribbon between both pieces.
- Turn right side out and press with an iron. This is the flap of the pouch.
- Place right sides together (lining and outer fabric) sandwiching the flap.
- Starting at the middle, sew all the way along the whole pouch leaving a gap so you can turn out the pouch.
- Turn the whole piece inside out and sew the gap. Press carefully with an iron.
Love & Threads, The DMC Team