We challenged our DIY Artisans with simple easy home decor projects to make for the fall season. Amber from Damask Love shows us her latest creation using our Woolly yarn and a skein of black Embroidery Floss. In Amber's words When it comes to baby decor, pastels will just not cut it around here. We are a bright, bold household with colorful decorations to prove it. With that in mind, this fun and bright wall hanging was created to give your kiddo s room a fun punch of color while still being adorable and child friendly. You can trust me when I say that this is easy to make - because if it wasn t, there s no way I would have or could have tackled it. I am not a sewer. I am not a seamstress. Needle and thread are far from my besties. But this, I can do. And so can you. I ll show you how.
- Rainbow of Woolly Yarn
- White Felt
- Light blue embroidery floss
- Embroidery needles
- Black embroidery floss
- Pillow stuffing
- a piece of cardstock cut in the shape of a cloud to use as a template
- (not shown) clear jewelry wire available at most craft stores
- Trace the cloud template onto the felt
- Cut out the template shape twice.
- Use the pencil to draw in the eyes of the cloud
- Following your pencil line, use a simple backstitch to create eyelids and eyelashes
- To create the eyelashes, just freehand it . They don t need to be perfect!
- Thread the needle with light blue embroidery floss and begin using a backstitch to stitch together the edges of the two cloud shapes.
- Once you ve stitched around the majority of the pillow, place stuffing inside then stitch up the remainder of the edge to close it off.
- Begin creating small tassels by wrapping the yarn around your hand as shown
- Tie off the top of the tassel
- Cut the bottom of the tassel and then wrap yarn around the upper portion of the tassel (not shown)
- Thread tassels onto clear wire tying each one onto the wire with a knot to keep it from sliding down.